Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 23

So I'm almost into month 6! Feeling like month 10!! This heat has had me so tired and uncomfortable big time! I was so spoiled by the timing of my pregnancy with Alana. She was born in June so I got to go the entire summer post baby! What a difference the summer makes when you are pregnant. I am feeling so sluggish lately. I don't want to do anything or be outside for more than a few minutes at a time! The heat this summer has really been crazy! Last week was the first day of Autumn and it's still in the high 90's. I'm so ready for this heat to be over!!

This week Jack is the size of a large Mango! Almost a whole foot long! I am betting that like with Alana she was so big, he is bigger than the normal baby right now. With Alana being almost 10 pounds, I'm sure Jack is on his way to being a bigger second child! I had a co-working bring in his 1 month old baby and she was only 7 something. She was so tiny and I've never seen Alana that small! It was so funny to think Alana was 7 something in my belly! As I assume Jack will be as well!


 
The nursery is coming along great. The hubby has been working hard on it. We painted some accent walls in the room a beautiful blue color (and by we, I mean Victor). I did supervise though. It's what I'm good at! Alana did come in and write Jack's name on the wall before we painted! She loves being a part of everything we are doing. She is really enjoying being able to feel him kick in my stomach, she keeps saying, "that's not very nice of him to do". Haha. She hugs and kisses my belly all the time and gives him good night kisses. I can only pray she loves him just as much when he comes out!












The room is pretty empty now all except the rocking chair and some blue baskets and a few tiny little outfits I've bought him. In the next few weeks, we'll shampoo the carpets, pull out the dresser and put up his crib. Lucky for us we have everything in really good shape from Alana. We moved her to a Big girl bed and dresser set last year so we have everything ready for Jack when we are ready to put it together!

Maternity clothes still suck! Although I did pick up a few more things at the 2nd hand maternity place in Orange. I love that place,  can always find something I need in there! It's in the high 90's most of the time, but I need work clothes too! It's annoying to have to have both! I will just pray that it's going to get cold at some point before January and I'll need more pants? Who knows with this crazy weather!
I'm eating pretty well. I want lots of junk food, trying to keep it to a minimum. Trying to eat lots of fruits and keep some good eating up in the meantime, only cause it's what Jack needs. Not what I want!!
I've gained some more weight so that's good. Haven't gained all that much but I'm sure I'll pack it on this winter :) Still trying to keep to my 6 miles a week with my neighbor! So far, pretty good! Can't wait until I can get back to running though. I do miss my running time! I know it's ways away, but it's something to look forward to!

Work has been pretty stressful and very busy lately, but the good news is that they are finally bringing someone in to help me! It will be a full time temp from now until I come back. It will make the world of difference to get someone in here so early to train them and let them take over some of this stuff! Can't wait!

My hands and feet are swelling sometimes. That's NO FUN! Other than being tired, swelling, sluggish and hungry, I'm pretty normal. HAHA. Did I mention the moodiness? That's fun too! If Victor can survive it for the next few months we'll all be just fine. I think Alana is also being really moody lately. Maybe I'm rubbing off on her? Hopefully not.  Such is life right now at almost the 3rd trimester mark!

1 comment:

Sester said...

You'll make it thru! Hope youre feeling better and i can NOT wait to meet the lil guy!