Friday, September 2, 2011

Mexico Build

I'm so excited that Saturday Victor and I will be heading to Mexico with a group of people from our church to build one very deserving family a house!! We signed up for it a month ago and it came so fast! Our Church, North Orange Christian Church works with Amor Ministries every year and helps to build houses in Mexico. This was the first time since we've been attending this church that we heard about it and we both jumped on board! One of the things that Victor and I promised to do from now on was to give back in any way we could. Remember right before Christmas when we received a Christmas Miracle? I've been trying to do good and pay it forward as much as I could. This is one of those ways that Victor and I together can help another family that needs it. Our church is awesome in everything they do and we can't wait to get out there and build! They will go down 3 Saturday's in September and finish the house in that time. Victor and I are going for 2 out of the 3. We head out about 5am tomorrow morning!  



















While I'm so excited about doing this build it hit me today that there might be a part of me that is kind of scared. Why?!?! Because everyone I've told that we are going to Mexico has told me to be careful..... Not just a few people but EVERYONE. I will be the first to admit that I don't watch the news or read much news, and honestly have no clue about what is going on in Mexico. While I'm sure I could have totally missed what is going on, I know Amor Ministries knows what is going on and they as well as my church would never lead us into anything they thought was unsafe. Duh... but today as I printed out our Mexico car insurance I thought I should probably send that info to a few people just in case I needed to access it and couldn't. Then I started to think of everything else I should put into that email. And people I should include.... Then my mind started to just GO and I freaked out a little bit. I think I brought myself back to reality. But who really knows what reality is going to be like in Mexico? I hear it's not really safe to be there right now. But I know God would not bring Victor and I into Mexico just to allow something to happen to us. He is bringing us there to use our mad house building skills! DUH! So please pray for our safety obviously. I'm sure once we are there and I don't see Federally hanging out in the city with guns in hand I'll feel much better! HA! I'm looking forward to some amazing street tacos which will off-set my fear a little bit. Crazy? Yes I am. Not because I dare eat the street tacos, but because of all the crazy things that go on in my head when I think about what could happen... I will put my trust in God that he will keep us safe! YAH!!! Next post to come with tons of pictures of these hard working hands!!!

No comments: