Friday, January 21, 2011

Fighting Cancer is Sweet!!!!

Last year I did Relay for Life in Murrietta with my friend Jenny and her Pennies!! This year we are going to do it in Corona where I lived my whole life and where my family lives! It's not until June, we haven't even had our first team meeting yet, but we are kicking it into high gear!! Last night I baked my famous cake cookies and brought them into work and ask people to donate. Of course they didn't have to donate, but damn, can I just say how awesome my co-workers are??? My bucket is full of money already and I still have half the cookies left! One friend even went as far as writting me a $50 check!! For a cookie!! It is amazing to know how generous people can be!!

We named our team in Corona "Another Lap for Pat", Victor's idea!!! Our team goal this year is $1500 which seems very within reach already... Might have to up our goal before June! My personal goal this year was to raise $200, I just found out that the great group of people I am on a committee with, EPL Charities is going to help me make my goal!! I am so happy!! All year long we help a lot of people and charities in our communities and I am so glad they are helping out the American Cancer Society through our team this year in our Corona community! EPL Charities is an awesome group of people and I am so glad to be a part of it! I work hard all year long to raise money with them, and this is awesome for them to do in return! This is my year to "pay it forward" and I am happy to say that I am off to a great start!! Thank you for everyone who is helping sponsor us!! If you would like to help anyone on my team meet their goal as well, click on our team page HERE and donate, even if it's just $5, that will go towards their goal, or our team goal! Heck, if you are reading this, that means you are a friend or family member... come walk with us! Join our team! We are fun and have a lot of great things planned for June!

No comments: