Friday, November 21, 2008

Super Mom!!!!

So today Sarah called me super mom and it made me smile! Thank you dork! I try as hard as I can to be a good mom to Alana! I decided since I stay home with her, I have no excuse not to be making her food from real veggies and fruit! So, yesterday Haley and I went across the street to the Farmers Market where I bought some Organic Butternut Squash and Sweet Potatoes. Last night I washed, baked and purred them into Alana's first real food! My friend Eydie has a great website where she gets her info for making your own baby food, so I'm going from the info on there! They have a great idea to put the food into ice cube trays to freeze to save! Ice cube trays are about 1 ounce already measured out for you! SMART!

My mom dug out her Dinosaur of a food processor that did such a great job and I started to make Alana's food!


I purred everything and then poured it into the ice cube trays to freeze it so it doesn't go bad! You wold be amazed at how much just one squash makes!


Here is a video of Alana eating her first sweet potatoes! She loved it! I swear she keeps saying... yum, yum, yum as she's eating! She looks SOO big sitting in her high chair like a big girl!
To view the video (and actually hear it) Scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and pause the music at the bottom. Then hit play on the video.

2 comments:

Manda said...

That's awesome! I'm going to make my own food in the ice tray's!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

kristopher thinks thats way too cute