Friday, October 10, 2008

Farewell SunCal!!

After 4 1/2 years working at SunCal I've decided not to return after maternity leave for Obvious reasons! Being home with Alana is the best thing for both of us in the long run! And honestly I couldn't see leaving my daughter with anyone besides me or Victor to raise. She would miss me too much anyway :) That would just be insane! So we are just going to make it work!

Leaving SunCal is really bittersweet! I have had a great run and have meet a lot of great people there! The company was about 80 people when I got there, maybe less. I started temping for a guy named Mike in May of 04. He loved me so much he asked that I be brought on full time! Lucky him or lucky me? But then I saw the company grow to be about 400 people! Day after day the company was growing and growing and I was so glad to be a part of that growth! Then of course as many companies did, when the market turned we grew smaller and smaller! I was just grateful they kept me around as long as they did. Alana saved my butt there :)


I'm posting some pictures of my favorite times there. I obviously don't have pictures of some things that I just can't describe... (i.e. word of the day, pooh dollar, 7, snipes) and all of the other "Nickisiums" we picked up! Those boys were crazy, and still are wherever everyone is today! But it's nice to look back at these pictures and see the fun times we did have!


Canfield's Birthday! He LOVED ALL these pink balloons! He was a great boss to me, father like (Although he isn't old enough to be my father), and always wanted the best for me! I really learned a lot from him! I'm not sure I'll ever have a greater boss!



SunCal Mixers outside on the patio!



From my first Halloween there in 2004!


To my last Halloween there in 2007. We made the BEST Snow White and the 7 dorks!


My boys there were crazy and we had a lot of memorable times!


But I loved them like my brothers!! (Well most of them anyway)haha


From my first Christmas party there! (How my life has changed since this picture)


To the LIFE long friends I've made while working there! I honestly couldn't have survived the last 4 1/2 years without these girls! They have been my sanity in that insane world we called work!


So... I'm kinda gonna miss the place, but all my original boys are gone now and it's a lot different from before so I'm kinda glad I'm gone! I'll still see my girls all the time and make trips into the office to show Alana off, but for now, Farewell SunCal!!

No comments: