Friday, September 13, 2013

So proud

Miss Rosie was so excited to start Kindergarten! On the very short walk across the street to her new school she said to me "I can't wait to make a bunch of new friends". Totally MY daughter! Victor, myself and Jack found out where her classroom was going to be and then walked her to it. Sat down in the back while she sat on the carpet with 32 other kids, waiting for direction. The Teacher first started with taking attendance. The kid was to get up, come up to the front and get a name tag put on them, then turn around to the class so everyone could say "Good Morning (insert kids name)". They called her name and she looked across the room at us for approval. We both shook our heads  to say GO! She got up and walked up there and did a great job! It was a fun way to get to know which kids would be in her class. Some looked scared to death and some looked really sure. I think Alana was somewhere in the middle.
They took all the kids out to tour the school while her new teacher, Mrs. Szekel, talked to the parents. Good thing too, I had tons of questions! They did a good job of putting information together for the parents that answered just about all of my questions.
I didn't pack a snack because I didn't know we needed to, so Alana got pretzels from the school. Victor and I headed out to let them have their first day of school. I was sad she was growing so fast, but so happy that she is just so adaptable and positive! I really do love this little missy! I love how proud she was to be starting school and how excited she was to meet some new friends!
I had Victor call me when she got out so I could talk to her. She said the normal things, it was good, fun, I meet new friends. That's it. She is little girl of little words when it comes to that kind of stuff. But the rest of the week she has been excited to go. Hopefully that lasts awhile! Can't wait for homework packets and PTA meetings! You know I signed up...

No comments: