Tuesday, April 2, 2013

For Mama

A few years before my mom passed away, I made her this for Mother's Day one year. It's a frame that I decorated with our picture in it and then the words are the song that I always said was my song to her. It's called Somebody's hero by Jamie O'Neil. If you know the words, you know how personal the song is. From the second I heard that song many years ago, it reminded me of my mom. She loved it and knew it was our special song. So when I made this, she cried and loved the gift! When she passed away I took it from her bedroom where she kept it and hung it up in my room. I see it every single day and every day it reminds me of her and her love for me. It reminds me of all that she did for me. If nothing else, it keeps a picture of us very close for me to see every single day.

When my best friend Ashley's mom passed away I wanted to make Ashley one. I know how awesome it makes me feel when I see mine. And just knowing what she is going through I wanted to make her feel the same way! Since she would be down here right after her birthday, I worked on it for her birthday present! Her and her mom's song was, You are my sunshine. She said her mom always sang that to her! So I did some what of the same thing for her, wrapped it and gave it to her while she was here. I know she loved it, although she didn't really say so in many words. It made her cry and I don't think she knew what to say! I hope she hangs it in her house, somewhere that she will see it every day and remind her of her mom's love for her.



No comments: