Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thelma, Thelma and Louise?

One of my good friends, Melissa was coming out from Michigan to hang out with me for a few days so we made a whole list of things we could do while she was out here. First on that list was Sea World! Melissa rented a car while out here and she got upgraded to a convertible mustang and so the three of us headed up the coast with the top down. This moment was probably one of the best moments of her whole trip. The 3 of us girls, a beautiful day, sun shinning down on us, on the freeway driving up the coast with the wind in our hair, music cranked up and singing at the top of our lungs to our favorite songs! Hence my blog title. I'm not sure I've ever seen Thelma and Louise, but I'm picturing this in my head.


Sea World was beautiful, the day was perfect for it.




I made the girls stop and take pictures everywhere, cause that's how I roll.



Another favorite moment of the day... last year Melissa lost her sister and every time she see's a butterfly it reminds her of her sister Susan. We walked into this little garden that looked really out of place at Sea World and at first glance seemed to serve no purpose to Sea World besides to be a place to relax. As we walked in Melissa caught sight of a beautiful butterfly flying around. She immediately ran over to it. It never really flew away from her. It flew back and forth around her. At one point it almost landed on her hand. It's kind of hard to see in this picture but it's to the bottom left of her hand but the Sprinkler head. She got so close to it, it was pretty crazy. She was pretty sure it was Susan.... And why wouldn't it be? It was beautiful!



Apparently Sea World in February on a Wednesday closes really early and only has 1 performance of each show they have there. They schedule them really well so we were able to go from show to show and see everything! 3rd best picture of the day? I love these girls!





The whales were awesome as usual.



The Polar bear was actually out and moving around as well which was really neat. Normally they are asleep somewhere we can't see them or just laying around.



Me and one of the coolest girls ever!





Mid-day at the park we found a place that did glitter tat's. So we decided to get one! They came out so great and lasted her whole trip out here! Glitter Tattoo girls!



Wednesday night we went out dancing at our favorite little hole in the wall. We had a great time and Melissa was awesome on the dance floor! She busted out the moves like Jagger! Something I will NEVER forget!!



I may not have forever with her, but the time we have had together has been amazing and I love this girl more and more every day!

1 comment:

mysticjoker68 said...

So amazing! I can see the butterfly... A Monarch, orange in color, so beautiful! I can match the tats, peace sign in heart is Crystal, single butterfly is You and multiple blue & gold butterflies Melissa... So kewl!