Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lame, I know

Life has been SOO busy. BUT I blog because it keeps me sane sometimes. I blog because I LOVE to go back and read the stories and memories I've written. The title of this blog is "Lame, I know" because normally I would put all of these pictures in different blogs with stories. But because I have a long fun week ahead of me that I would like to blog about, I need to get caught up, so here is January!!

January brings our new Relay for Life year! Celebrate, Remember and Fight back!!! Another Lap for Pat is signed up, with 7 team members, I raised my first $140 yesterday in an hour!!! We are off to a great start! Every single dollar I raise helps! I had a team meeting at my house this weekend. We have some new recruits which I'm very excited about and some oldie but goodies too! I spent several hours making my Grandma's Spaghetti sauce this weekend! It was the first time I made sauce and it came out SOOO good! I was very proud. The Crazy thing is that the recipe makes 3 gallons of sauce, and I'm not kidding when I say 3 gallons. I gave some away to friends and neighbors and also keep some in the freezer that I can pull out at any time! So excited about that!
One of the things that came from our team meeting Saturday was this little poster I made. These are just a handful of the people that I will be walking for in the Relay for Life! Check out our team page and donate a few bucks if you can please!


In the last few weeks Alana and I have been battling the everlasting cold. One day last week Victor had the morning off so I decided to take a sick day. We went to the Orange Circle for Breakfast. This place called Bruxie has been on the top of our list to eat but EVERYTIME we go by there is always a big long line around the building!! ALWAYS. Turns out week day mornings are pretty slow there, perfect time to try their waffle sandwiches! Can I just tell you how amazing they are? I know that anything on a waffle will typically be really good, but these are SOOO good. I highly recommend going to try it out if you haven't already. There is one right outside of the orange circle and also one in Brea. Super yummy and worth the wait if you have to....


The weather has been kind of crazy. It was raining for a few days, then it was 80 the next day. Honestly I'm pretty sure that's why everyone is sick. But the sunny days in January have been so amazing! 80 degrees in mid January makes for a very happy Jamie! How amazing is this sky? Only in Cali!


Lots of sunshine means lots of bike riding for the family!! Alana LOVES her bike that Santa brought and can't get enough of it! She cracks me up when she honks her crazy little horn at every neighbor we pass and says "Happy New Year". I laugh so hard and she doesn't understand why it's so funny! I'll have to get it on video so you can have a good laugh with me!



At work our HR Dept came up with a fun way to say goodbye to 2011. We had a fire outside of the office and we put in pieces of paper of things that we wanted to burn and say goodbye to from 2011. Needless to say, I had plenty of them to burn. It was kind of fun and kind of weird.


January also brought my Aunt's 50th Birthday! We pulled off a surprise party for her. My uncle owns this awesome tractor and Alana got a kick out of being able to sit on it! It is pretty cool!


My friend Melissa is coming out from Michigan today and I'm taking the next few days off to spend with her. Seaworld Wednesday, out dancing Weds night. Disneyland on Thursday and Hollywood on Friday! Crossing stuff off a Bucket List!! More to come.

No comments: