Thursday, November 17, 2011

My own 2 hands Part Deux

Please forgive how LATE this post is. I just realzied that I never posted our second trip to Mexico. I know, you were really wondering how this came out. Well here it sat when we found it again! September 17th was a day to never forget. It was the day that my mom died. What better way to celebrate it then to head into Mexico and drown my sorrows with building a house for someone who needed it! Please stop here and see Part one if you didn't read it first. Click here.

This is the house that now sits on the empty lot I brought you in our first trip to Mexico. The first week we went down we got a lot done, but the second trip for the chruch that we did not attend, went awesome too! They were able to put up all the walls, put on the roof and get the house ready for stucco! Looks a LOT different from the last time we left it!


The day started off with sorting. The gravel we had been using to mix the concrate had to be seperated so we could use just the "sand" to mix the stucco. Again, this was an amazing expierence because I had NO idea how any of this worked before Mexico. It's hard work too!


The chicken wire was already up and after mixing stucco it had to be put on the house. I had no clue what I was getting myself into or what the heck I was doing. It was a lot of work!


In between coats of stucco the house had to dry. So we left the house as is and headed out for street taco's! I had no idea I would get so lucky and get to have them for lunch!


Back for the second coat on the house!


This is what the stucco looked like when it dried. All professional like and stuff.


Hard working boys!


I'm so glad this was something that Victor and I got to do together! It's amazing to do it and even better to do it together!


When the house had enough stucco on it and we were done, we turned over the keys to the family. It was a great feeling. I'm pretty sure I cried!


After turning over the keys we prayed with the mom and for the family. We prayed that the house would be a strong foundation for them!


This was our NOCC crew and I love them and can't wait to go back to Mexico with all of these hard working and selfless people!


The family has been blessed with a nice home to live in. I have been blessed with hands that help to make this home. I have been blessed with an amazing church who gives to people and isn't afraid to get dirty to help.


A mexico trip would not be complete without seeing a Donkey on the side of the road!

1 comment:

Jen TARIN!!! said...

Doing GOOD for the world... again!! Good job!!