Thursday, January 3, 2013

False alarm

Thursday nights we have our bible study and this week I happen to mention I would like prayer for patience until this little man decides he going to come out. I have been off of work for 2 weeks now and my ear infection wouldn't go away until my sinus infection cleared up. My sinus infection wouldn't clear up until I had the baby says the doctor.... So I needed prayer! Thursday night about 11:30 I had some horrible feelings in my stomach and then pains... I got out of bed and called Labor & Delivery and they told me to come on in so they could check me in person. So it was time to go. I walked in the bedroom and told Victor we need to get ready to go to the hospital! He called his mom and it would take her about 20 minutes to get over here to stay here with Alana. After all, it was the middle of the night.
We loaded everything in the car and headed to the hospital which was only 4 minutes away. Walked down the longest hall in the world to L&D and checked in. The ended up monitoring us for 7 hours, watching the heartbeat and all of my contractions. The rule with Kaiser and most hospitals is that they won't take you into a C-section before 39 weeks unless your body is actually going into labor. They checked me every few hours and my body was not going into labor. I didn't dilated at all! Nothing. The doctor that was there was awesome! She just kept telling me that she didn't want to send me home, she just needed me to dilated before she could take me into surgery. Apparently my body wasn't ready and after 7 hours of laying in a really uncomfortable bed with contractions and Victor sitting by my side in a chair, they sent us home.... It just wasn't our time yet. I would have to be patient.

No comments: